The PSALSE alliance formed as a response to the many reports and presentations that call on professional societies to do a myriad of activities to address challenges in undergraduate biology education and assist in its improvement.
By forming a unified network to provide support to education staff and education leaders in professional societies, PSALSE is using A COLLECTIVE IMPACT APPROACH to more effectively advance the principles put forth in ‘Vision and Change,’ sharing the unified vision of excellence in college biology with a larger audience.
A little bit of business…
In 2015, PSALSE decided to acquire the .org domain. In keeping with our ‘no governing body or ownership’ standard, various participating alliances agreed to pay the (minimal) annual fee for this domain. As of September 28, 2015, those organizations in order of payment schedule are:
- American Society of Plant Biologists (2015-16)
- Genetics Society of America
- American Physiological Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Society of Toxicology
- American Society for Microbiology
- Society for Conservation Biology
- American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
- American Society for Cell Biology
- Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology
Note: This list represents only the first volunteers & is shared only as a sample of the alliance’s ongoing and collective support. Additional support will be welcome when the time comes.